February 17, 2007

Dessert Anyone?

I bought a new PC product yesterday and I went to the PC website looking for recipes I can use it in and found this one, I'm gonna try it! I've already used it in coffee and tea, it's yummy! They have a vanilla sugar one too but I couldn't find it, it's new and I live in the middle of nowhere!







Coffee Granita
Serves 4
4pts each

1/2 cup (125 mL) Coffee
2 cups (500 mL) water
1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
2 cups (125 mL) Light Cool Whip
2 tsp (10 mL)PC Sugar, Chocolate & Cinnamon Blend Grinder

Instructions
1. Brew coffee with water. Pour into 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish. Dissolve 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar into coffee. Cool to room temperature, then cover and place in freezer for 8 hours or overnight.

2. Up to an hour before serving, scrape coffee mixture using tines of fork until entire mixture is granular. Return to freezer. Place four 3/4 cup (175 mL) parfait glasses or other serving dishes in freezer to chill.
3. Layer coffee mixture with whipped cream in chilled glasses, ending with whipped cream. Sprinkle with spice grinder. Serve immediately.

* Freeze time: 8 hours

Recipe Tip: You could lower the points by using Splenda in place of sugar and FF Cool Whip to 1 point per serving!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

mmmmmmmm, that sounds yummy!!!! where did you find that stuff? i'll have to try it!

Amanda said...

Zehrs, spice aisle. It's sooo good!