February 27, 2007

Product Review...Tsk tsk WW!

Jason was working tonight and I was all alone for dinner so I decided to pull one the of Weight Watchers Smart Ones ® meals out of my freezer, easy, I know the points, and it looked yummy. I had the Slow Roasted Turkey with Pan Gravy and Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes.

This is what it looks like on the box, looks pretty good huh?


Yeah, this is what it REALLY looks like... :P

In a word: DISGUSTING.

The mashed potatoes were more like mashed potato soup. They were so runny I couldn't pick them up with a fork! And they were so bland, I tasted nothing that even closely resembled garlic or herbs. The turkey was in tiny pieces and 3 of the larger pieces had a piece of fat running through them... hello, this is supposed to be "diet food"! (How does that even happen? Turkey is not like beef, the meat is marbled!) And they were swimming in a sea of tasteless gravy, it was more like Pan Gravy with Turkey than the other way around. And where are the veggies? Why couldn't they include a veggie like carrots or broccoli, hardly a balanced meal in my opinion. The meal is 4 points but I couldn't finish it cause it was so gross that I only counted 3 and I still felt robbed of those points! Now it's 9:30, I have 4 points left for the day but it's too late for me to eat anything as per my no eating after 8:30pm rule and I was dealing with a teething baby until just now. I'm STARVING and super disappointed in my "dinner". Shame on you WW for peddling bland, runny, FATTY meals to people who are trying to improve their eating habits and health, it may only be 4 points, but I'd rather eat 4 points worth of dirt than another one of those!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've had a few nasty meals but have to say, most have impressed m... esp. the pasta ones - i found them to be pretty tasty indeed (mmm lasagna)... :o)

Omar Cruz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.