March 1, 2007

I see it...finally

Yesterday we were getting ready to go out and I put on a pair of jeans and a sweater and as I was heading out of the bathroom I caught a glimpse of myself out of the corner of my eye...I looked smaller! It's the first time I've noticed a change in my shape. I left the bathroom with a spring in my step and a smile on my face :) I still have a way to go but what a great feeling, to actually see the changes I'm making on something other than the scale. Jason commented earlier this week that I look like I've lost a lot and I said thank you but kind of dismissed it, I guess he just saw it before me. I look back at where I was a month ago, not following WW the way you're supposed to, not working out, not tracking anything and I know I've come a long way in a short time. I'm seeing my clothes get looser and my appetite for junk diminishing and that in itself is a huge accomplishment! I didn't complete the FABS challenge which I'm a wee bit disappointed in but when I see how many crunches I did this month I'm pretty impressed with myself. I could never do more than 20 at a time before and now I'm doing 100-150 3 times a week. It's crazy! I'm going to keep that up for sure. Janet Jackson abs, right Amanda?!

I'm so glad I'm making the effort every day to get healthier. I want to be able to make my husband and daughter proud. I want the energy to do things with them and feel confident doing them. I'm really looking forward to playing on the beach with Lily this summer and not be embarassed to be in a swimsuit! (One piece, not two...darn stretch marks!) I'm really hoping to be close to if not at goal by her first birthday. I'm going to keep working hard to make sure that happens.

In other news, we signed the contract last night to build our dream home! Not our Loto 649 dream home, the attainable one :) I'm so excited! The only problem is this particular developer won't break ground until our current house is sold which presents two problems: 1. I have to hurry up and get this house ready to sell so they can start building and 2. there's a possibilty we could be temporarily homeless this summer! It takes 6 months from the time they break ground until we can move in and I really doubt anyone who buys our house will agree to a 6 month closing date. I'm a little nervous but it's a minor inconvenience considering what we get in the end. Jason promises that I'll have a gym in the basement for my elliptical trainer, my weights and my yoga stuff complete with a TV for watching Grey's while I sweat! And a craft room! (That one is a necessity, my scrapbooking stuff is taking over every room in our current house.) I feel like between the new house and my weight loss that a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm nervous about the move, it's a big step up financially for us but I feel like it's the best possible thing we can do for our family.

What a great month!

3 comments:

Sarah ♥ said...

What a GREAT attitude you have! When you work this program it works with you. Since I've started this program it seems like a lot of things (outside of weight loss) have fallen into place for me... I think it's because I have so much more confidence in myself and I am able to do WAY more than I ever could before :)

Sarah

Amanda said...

isn't it nice to see the difference yourself? it always gives me that extra boost of confidence and energy to keep it up. and janet jackson abs are gonna be here for both of us by the time summer comes!!! my layer of fat may still be on top but they'll be underneath!!!LOL!!! i'll be joining you in the 1 piece swimsuit too, but they'll be cute ones! i'm so excited for you guys for your house! that will be so nice for you. i'm so jealous of the craft room, i should have one but the basement needs to be finished first!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your progress - both physically and emotionally... its so nice to see actual results of all your hard work! and how awesome that you get to have your own gym - mine resides in my living room... ha!

have a nice weekend... :o)