February 1, 2007

Whoa Nelly!

Talk about jumping in with both feet! I managed to log some more time on the elliptical tonight bringing my day's total to 40 minutes. My elliptical is in very close proximity to our propane stove, now that's some sweating! Someone didn't want me working out tonight though, first, after only 5 minutes into my sweatfest the cap that holds the slider onto the base of the elliptical broke, I managed to fix it and so I hopped back on. Five minutes later Lily woke up, she had managed to spin herself around in her sleep and was wedged width wise in her crib. After I go her back down I hopped back on to finish my workout and my iPod froze. I couldn't remember how to reset it so after fiddling with it for a bit I came upstairs only to have it magically start playing again all on it's own. Weird! So anyways, after I was done with the machine, I got down on the floor and pulled off 100 crunches. OH MY GOSH, that's gonna hurt tomorrow. Somehow it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, maybe it was cause I was watching Grey's Anatomy! Another NSV for me today, I drank 4 bottles of water...I never do that. I HATE water, unless it's ice cold and I am super hot. I'd rather have iced tea or coke which is soooo not good. I'm limiting myself to 3 cokes a week, that's gonna be tough but since my grocery store doesn't seem to stock Caffeine Free Coke (I don't drink anything diet, nothing with Aspartame, I don't trust that stuff!) very often, I should be okay.

I've created some mini goals for myself. The first is to lose 10lbs by the end of February. Ambitious I know, but I'm carrying around a lot of water weight right now so I'm hoping it'll happen. My reward for that is Jason has a bunch of time off at the end of the month and I want to go home (Ottawa) to visit. So if I pull it off we're gonna go. If I don't, its a maybe. I am so going to do it!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

hey!! i hate it when everything seems to go wrong, but you seemed to persevere anyway!! way to go on the crunches, that kind of pain is good pain though :) good luck with your goal, i'm sure you can do it!!!!