I was doing really good this week and then I went and blew it. Friday mornings I usually hop on the scale to gauge my week so far and I was down 2 lbs, however, after a weekend of eating too much and not really having a chance to work out due to all the home repair projects I have on the go, I ended up only down 0.7 lbs at weigh-in this morning. I know, I know, a loss is a loss is a loss, but after seeing -2 lbs on Friday and seeing -0.7 lbs 3 days later, it's a little disappointing. I'm seriously starting to consider changing my weigh-in day to Fridays! I'm always lighter on Fridays :) Is that cheating? Maybe I'll just work harder at staying OP over the weekend. What I don't really get is that I don't have a "weekend" the way most people have one, I'm home all the time, Jason works shift so it's not like we have a certain time each week where it's like a weekend, it's all over the place. Not sure why this keeps happening. Bizarre!
It's a new week and I'm going to try really hard this week to stay within my points for the day and eat less of my Flex (I finished last week with only 3.5 left! Eek!) and drink more water! That's key, I don't drink enough these days. When I'm cold I'm not very thirsty, I'm going to have to force myself.
There was a thread on the GDT this past week about how often you perform "maintenance" on yourself. Waxing, haircuts, facials etc... As I was reading it I realized that I have done NOTHING for myself since Lily was born. I used to get a manicure every 2nd week, my hair cut and coloured every 3 months or so, eyebrows waxed once a month, shaved my legs every day, pedicures every 2 months or so (depending on the time of year), went tanning 3 times a week and took the time to do something with my hair and makeup every day. Now I'm thankful if I get a shower. I manage to put on a bit of makeup if I'm going out cause I don't want to frighten the general public with the huge bags under my eyes and my nearly see-through pale skin but other than that, nothing. I think maybe it would be easier for me to stay OP if I spent a little time on me so that when I looked in the mirror I felt like I was worth losing the weight for. Does that make sense? I guess what I mean is it's hard to stay focused on losing weight when you look in the mirror and your hair is a mess, you're wearing sweats (or jammies) and you look like you stole Bert's eyebrow! It's like when you have to clean up a messy room, you never know where to start, I need to pick a corner of the room and focus on cleaning up that part first. Where to start, where to start...
March 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i think what you said made complete sense and even though i can't relate to being a stay-at-home mom, i can relate to feeling overwhelmed and not knowing where to start first... i think you said it best though - start in a small area and work your way around to other things - maybe get your hair done more regularly and treat yourself to a mani/pedi once a month... feeling good about yourself makes your outlook that much brighter... :-)
I think treating yourself to some pampering sounds like a great idea. It's sort of an extension of what we were talking about on my blog the other day -- how losing weight makes you want to take better care of the rest of your appearance. I can completely understand how it could work the other way too -- how feeling confident with the rest of your body would inspire you to lose weight.
So YEAH, do it, treat yourself to something special for the first time in a long time! You absolutely deserve it!
like you said, we'll dust ourselves off and start fresh! i totally agree with taking care of yourself and pampering you once in a while. as sahm's, we take care of everyone else first and whatever energy is left we do something for ourselves, which a lot of times, isn't much. i have days where i don't get a shower in and always feel yucky. i think i might take your advice and go get something done for myself too!
Post a Comment