We had some friends over tonight that we haven't seen since christmas. When they walked in the door my friend Laurie said "Holy cow, you're so skinny! You lost so much weight!"
Okay, I wouldn't go so far as to call myself skinny, but I have no problem with anyone else calling me skinny! I have never been called skinny. I was an average child and teenager, and I started gaining weight my last year of college (bad relationship, drove me to snacking). I've lost about 20lbs since she saw me last so I can see why she was so shocked.
Even if the scale doesn't move as much as I hope it will this week, that comment will keep my spirits up. At least I know that other people see the change in me even if I'm not always so sure it's visible.
My braces are doing a great job of curbing my snacking, the only problem is now I'm eating more at meals...oi! Guess that's my new challenge, reign in my portion sizes at dinner. I went 11.5 pts into my flex today (I had them to spare so at least I'm not over again this week!) with pizza night. It could have been worse though, I've started making my own dough and it cut my points per slice in half, so I had 2! I was always hungry after pizza night before cause I only got 1 slice for 9 pts, now I get 1 slice for 5, so 2 slices with a salad made a very filling meal! I managed not to eat anything while our friends were visiting, which was amazing cause I had brushchetta and asiago & artichoke dip out, my faves!
Here's hoping for a good WI on Monday! Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment