May 21, 2007

Weigh-In #16 - Back on Track

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."

That was my inspirational quote when I logged in my 1lbs loss(!!!) this morning. It's so true, these are habits we're building, not just temporary actions. At least I hope they are! I'd love to get to the point where it's second nature to me to evaluate my portion sizes to my hunger and not to the plate size or how good the food looks, and to exercise everyday without giving it a second thought. I'm almost there, I have my slip-ups and lazy days but I've learned to forgive myself for them. No body's perfect! I had a pretty good week, not much exercise cause the weather's been yucky and I lost some drive because of it, food wise I did okay, fizzled out near the end of the week but I'm back on track today.

My goal this week is to make sure I track EVERYTHING I eat. I'm pretty sure I missed some stuff last week. The weather's getting better and they're supposed to break ground on our new house this week (I'm so excited!!!) so I'm sure I'll be going for LOTS of walks to check out the progress! The sun's shining, Jason's off today, and I lost a pound, every thing's coming up Amanda!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your loss and i have to agree - when tracking 24/7, it makes things so much easier... trying to remember what you ate and when is hard so i try and make an effort to do it first thing in the morning and then after dinner... :o)

Amanda said...

congrats on your loss! that's awesome!