May 16, 2007

Where's the motivation gone?

I spent the afternoon catching up on everyone's blogs and I have to ask...what's happened to us? We were all kicking butt, racking up the losses, and now all of a sudden we're all in a rut, not exercising, not tracking everything, and worst of all, gaining! Is it like when women spend a lot of time around each other their cycles line up? Has our motivation lined up?! It makes me feel better that I'm not alone and that a lot of you are going through the exact same thing right now. If I was going at this alone (ie not with WW or not blogging) I know I would have given up this week completely, but thanks to you ladies I understand that this is just a minor set back and the only way to get back on track is to fight through it. So that's what I'm doing, fighting! I got my lazy butt off the couch tonight and put in 45 minutes on my elliptical and did 50 crunches (not my best performace but it's been 3 weeks since I did anything but the occasional walk). My body immediately responded with gratitude! I feel great :) Now I'm going to plan out tomorrow's meals so I don't eat any more flex this week!

Come on ladies, let's do this together! Let's get back OP together! Let's finish this journey...together! Who's with me?

EDIT** I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post! That was not my intention. And you're right Jodi, not all of "us" are in a rut (you're doing great btw!). I just noticed a common thread through a lot of the blogs that had something to do with not giving 110% to the program. It wasn't a criticism as I'm going through the same thing right now and was just comforted by the fact that I wasn't alone. Like I said, I meant no offense by it at all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't say we're all in a rut but there are definitely times when motivation is needed more than others... that's why i love reading what others are saying because it makes me feel better knowing we all have struggles...

i have noticed though that some bloggers have disappeared and not posted for a while - those are the ones i get concerned about...

Eileen said...

You're not wrong in noticing the slump and even more the MIA bloggers. I've noticed the same thing and like Jodi I think some people drop out of sight rather than face their actions. i listened to a woman in our meeting this morning talk about being good or being bad and it made me think about this process. I am just as good if I eat fruit as if I eat a four pound double cheesburger and fries. It doesn't change me, but we have such baggage about this very personal issue that we punish our selves - me included for enjoying it way too much and then doing way too much self-abuse.

I am with you - let's move forward.

Amanda said...

i know exactly what you mean by this, it seems a lot of us are going through the same thing. maybe it's to do with the weather or something??? i've been mia lately but that's cause we've been gone and then really busy! i'm back now though!!