I started the C25K program tonight! I am so SICK of bouncing around the same 5lbs. It was fantastic! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, guess I'm not in as bad a shape as I thought I was :) What I really like is that it's something I can do anywhere. I really fell off the wagon when we went to Ottawa and I didn't work out for a week and I've been struggling to get back on ever since. This is something I can do that doesn't require equipment or a lot of time. I just strapped on my new runners and my iPod and left all my troubles behind me. The thing I find really funny is that my muscles feel like they do after an hour on the elliptical but I'm no where near as physically tired as I am after 60 minutes on the machine nor did I have to spend an hour of my evening working out. Don't get me wrong, I love getting on it and watching Grey's, but now that everything's in reruns, getting outside is just way more interesting! I also had an 80 minute walk with Lily this afternoon so I'm all set for APs today :) I did some stretching before and after but I'm starting to feel the effects of the run, things are tightening up a bit. Hopefully I won't be walking around all hobbled tomorrow!I also did something for my self esteem tonight. If you've read any of my past posts you'd know that when I started WW back in August I was tracking my weight with what I would learn later was a "broken" scale. I treated myself to a new one in February when I recommitted to losing the baby weight (and then some) and discovered that the old scale was about 10 lbs out. So after struggling to lose 10 lbs I was right back where I started (according to WW). So tonight I reset my starting weight to 10lbs heavier than I had originally inputted and had a fantastic surprise, I've lost 23.6lbs to date and I actually hit my 10% goal on March 13th! What a great motivational boost! My goal was to lose 54 lbs and I'm almost 1/2 way there. (I was actually 1/2 way there on May 1st but fell off the wagon and here I am) That was some great inspiration to keep going, I've come so far and accomplished so much, I can't wait to hit the next goal and the next, and the next...

4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! That's AWESOME! And the Couch to 5K is so great! Are you using the podcasts? Let me know if you want the URL, they're awesome, they tell you when to run and when to walk. I'm off in just a few minutes for run 2 of week 4 :)
Have a great day!
Sarah
Yes I am using the podcasts, they're great! I wish the music was a little more current but beggers can't be choosers! :)
good job amanda!! you should go on the boards under the fitness getting started, there's a thread that we post on everyday called nikle's chicks for couch to 5k!
congrats on starting the C25K - it IS a great program and like you said, it can be done anywhere and anytime... i think we all have reservations about starting something new but its cool to see your body doing more than you expected... :o)
Post a Comment