June 4, 2007

Weigh-In #18

Wow, I can't believe it, even though I ate 6 points over my flex this week (I know, I know, I'm hanging my head in shame) and TOMs here, I LOST 1.6 LBS! Thank you Wendie! I'm on day 4 now, my SHD and I'm going to enjoy it :) I almost blew day 2 when I had some gherkin pickles with dinner at my in-laws, they are crazy high in points which I didn't find out until I went to track my food for the day. Good thing I had left some points for dessert which I didn't eat. Sticking to Wendie has been challenging seeing as I haven't been the most diligent with my tracking lately, but I'm managing to stay within the daily points targets and I'm already seeing results.

I've rediscovered something I used to like and now I love. I bought a whole bunch of fresh veggies for salads for the week and I was purusing the salad dressing aisle and couldn't decide what I wanted. Lately I've been having Balsamic Vinaigrette or Greek with Feta and Oregano or some other fancy dressing. I decided to go old school and got a bottle of low-cal Compliments Thousand Islands Dressing...YUM! I fogot how good it is. It's sweet and vinegary and feels like you're eating a full fat/calorie dressing but without the guilt. The brand I bought is actually less points than some of the vinaigrettes I've been eating and I've been looking forward to my salads this week! It's definitely worth re-investigating some other foods I used to enjoy that aren't as popular now as they once were.

I hope everyone has a good WI this week, have a great day!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

congrats on your wi!!! i'm starting wendie this week again, see if it helps!!

Heather said...

Good job on your wi! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on your loss this week! i used to love my SHD - hope you had a good one... :o)

i'm a big fan of ken's steakhouse salad dressings - loving the lite ginger soy and lite raspberry walnut vinegarette... salads are so much better when you use a good dressing... :o)