June 18, 2007

Weigh-In #20

I couldn't possibly be more frustrated and disappointed in today's weigh-in. I'm up .4lbs. I worked my butt off this week, I earned 39 APs which is almost triple any other week's amount I've ever had. I ate all my APs and the majority of my flex but I kinda thought all the running and hiking would counteract that. I know what some of you are thinking, that I probably built some muscle, but really, how much muscle can you build in 1 week? I thought I'd either STS or go down a little, not up! I really needed to see the scale go down this week. I'm struggling to keep my head in the game and a loss this week would have gone a long way to help.

Nothing to do but pick up and carry on. I'm going to eat my APs this week but not touch my flex and see if that helps.

I start Week 2 of C25K tonight. Run #3 of week 1 almost killed me. I didn't have dinner until after my run which I don't usually do and I ran out of steam after the second interval. I managed to finish but I was so exhausted. Tonight I'm going to eat first and run after and hopefully it'll help! It's supposed to be super humid here today so I imagine that'll affect my energy level. In any case, I'm really looking forward to my run!

I hope you all have better luck with WI this week than I did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't really see the scales move til a few weeks into my run so don't give up yet... it takes your body a while to adjust so keep at it and soon the scale will be going back down... :o)

p.s. .4 is nothing - don't sweat it!

Kate said...

Hang in there hun! I've been going through the same thing, and I'm trying desperately to stay in the game. I'm sure it was just an off week for you!