Wow, I can't believe
my baby is a year old. Seems like just last week I was pregnant. I hope everyone had a great long weekend. Ours was pretty busy with Lilianna's birthday party and the travelling we did. I only managed to get in 1 run as the weather didn't want to co-operate with me in the evenings. I managed to stay basically OP and only went a up a pound and a bit (according to my mom's scale), I didn't do an official weigh-in this week as I didn't have mine with me. Jason and I had our first date on Saturday night since Lily was born ! We went to Jack Astor's for Dinner (where I ordered whatever I wanted, mmmmm Garlic Pan Bread) and then we went to see
Live Free or Die Hard. Not a bad movie, might not have been my first choice but I was just happy to be out alone with my husband! I even had popcorn, and I still didn't manage to mess up too badly. All in all I'd say it was a fairly successful trip and I had a great time seeing friends and family.
I got new runners while in Ottawa. I didn't make it to the Running Room but a very

knowledgable guy at Athlete's World hooked me up with some Asics. They have a gel-cushioning insole that apparently is superior to Nike's air-cushioning technology. I'm hoping the new shoes will help with my knee issues. They're designed to correct pronate problems (running on the outside of your foot, which I do). We'll see I guess. All I know is I spent more on this pair of runners than I have on all the others I've owned in my whole life combined. Speaking of running, I'm re-doing week 3 of C25K as I missed the last run and I haven't run in a few days. I didn't want to jump ahead before my body was ready.
Off to run now, and then some serious house cleaning. I didn't get anything done today. There are suitcases and gift bags everywhere! Have a great night :)
1 comment:
I love asics! I used to be a Nike girl, but I switched over. My dad, who was a marathon runner, remembers when they were called "tigers" and were plain white with no symbols....they were great shoes then!
Good luck with your c25k repeat...it's better to run on the safe side than stress yourself too much.
Post a Comment