January 13, 2008

Back in the swing of things

2008 got off to a bumpy start but I'm getting back into the swing of things. The holidays were the usual stressful days of running around all over, worrying if I forgot anyone on my list and endless big meals. I have to admit I didn't think about points once during the whole season and I'm paying for it now! I'm at a number I had hoped never to see again (unless pregnant!) but I'm mending my ways. As I've explained in the past I'm sure, Jason works until 8pm and I wait to have dinner with him. The down side to that is that by 5pm I'm usually starving and succumb to either a sandwich, chips, cookies, a granola bar or two or, on bad days, all of the above :( Today I exercised some willpower and had a lovely little plate of crudité. I felt really good about my choice, that's not to say I wasn't STARVING by the time Jason made it home! I'm heading off to do some pilates now. I have a lot of xmas treats to work off!

No comments: