January 25, 2008

Finding inspiration in the weirdest places...

I am so proud of myself. I have been staying OP all week. I haven't had a chance to really exercise yet and I know I won't see any real results until I do, but I've tracked everything and I'm staying within my points target. I dipped 8.5 pts into my flex but that's what they're there for right?

So to get to the story behind the post title....

I've been watching reruns of Paradise Hotel on Slice. Loved the show the first time around and when a friend told me it was back on I set a series recording for it on my PVR. It's such mindless TV time, but I love all the crazy drama! I've been struggling with a goal to keep me on track, something to work towards (you'd think fitting into my clothes would be enough!). Last year at this time I met Amanda and her success and motivation was such an inspiration, and totally rubbed off on me, that it kicked me into high gear. I guess we're two of a kind cause when she started putting on baby weight I started putting on sympathy weight! It's too funny really. So anyways, I was watching an episode of PH yesterday and I was watching all the tanned, thin, beautiful people frolic on the beach and by the pool and I realized my goal. No, not to be on Paradise Hotel, don't think my husband would like that too much, but I would LOVE a trip somewhere warm! So my hubby and I are in discussions for a trip, just the two of us, for when I reach my goal. Talk about motivation out the ying-yang! I wasn't hungry at all yesterday and had to drink some lemonade to make up the 7 points I was short at the end of the day, and I actually still didn't get there. Wanting to look good in a bathing suit is a great appetite suppressant!

I am making time today to work-out while Lily has her nap. Hopefully I'll see some good news at WI on Monday!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

lol! as long as you haven't put on half of what i have, i'm sure you're fine! it's great to find motivation somewhere, something that kicks your butt into hear. i really can't wait until i can go back on ww and lose this weight! we'll do it together!