March 10, 2008

Weigh-In #43 - Turned 30 and began falling apart!

Lots to say today. Okay, first off, I was down .2lbs this week. Again, big deal, but at least this time I did nothing to deserve it so I'll take it and smile! The only exercise I did last week was I went running once on Tuesday, for about 20 minutes. I wasn't being lazy, I have somehow managed to (as my grandma used to say) bugger-up my left knee and right foot. They started bothering me last Saturday so I took the weekend off from exercising cause I thought it was my body telling me to slow down a bit. My left knee clicks almost constantly, any little movement and you hear a loud "click!". The only time it's not clicking is when it's shooting stabbing pains up my leg. My right foot hurts all along the outer edge if I go up on my toes. I thought maybe these pains could be caused by the motion of my legs on my elliptical so I gave running a try on Tuesday. It was very icy and treacherous so I thought even though it wasn't too bad pain wise, risking a sprained ankle wasn't worth it, so running will have to wait a few more weeks. I tried to eat as best I could, I stocked up my fruit bowl (see above picture) but I still managed to make a pretty good dent in a bag of Doritios while playing cards with Jason on Saturday. Cards and snacks just seem to go together! My knee isn't bothering me today so I think I'll give my machine another go and see if I'm in pain after, maybe I can connect the dots.

Jason took Lily and I out to dinner last night at the new restaurant in town Crabby Joe's. I ordered a sizzling skillet of veggies topped with grilled chicken, seemed like a semi-good option. But then I lost my mind and ordered a piece of cheesecake wrapped in phyllo dough and then deep-fried, rolled in cinnamon and sugar and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. (Wipe the drool off your monitor so you can keep reading!) It tasted like a cheesecake stuffed Beavertail, if you've never had a Beavertail you know they're hard to improve on, but it was AMAZING!!! Totally worth the 300pts it probably cost me! We rarely go out for dinner (maybe once every 3 months) so I don't feel guilty about it.

I saw my first Robin this morning which is what I've always felt was the first true sign that spring was on it's way (I don't trust Wiarton Willy). Hopefully the snow we got this weekend will melt soon and I can dig out the flip-flops... and the runners!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

we used to have a crabby joes where i lived and they were yummy! glad you had a good time! sorry your body is bothering you, i get days like that too!

Amanda said...

Yeah but you should, you're 8.5 months pregnant! I'm just old :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the loss! :o)

don't have a crabby joes around here but that dessert sounds amazing! i love cheesecake and never had it deep-fried, might need to look into that...

i've seen robins everywhere down here, even made a comment to eric last night on our way home... there were a ton in the grass, all digging for worms! spring is right around the corner - yay! :o)

Heather said...

mmmm...chessecake

meredi said...

ooo, robin! I SO need one of those right now. I hope I see one soon.

Glad you had such a fun night out. That dessert sounds absolutely crazy! I can't even imagine it :) Sounds like you enjoyed every bite, which is definitely the way to do it! :)