April 21, 2008

Where the heck have I been???

Good lord, I saw when my last post was and I couldn't believe it. Where does a month go? First my husband was sick, then Lily, and now it's my turn. This cold is kicking my butt. And of course it had to come along when the weather warmed up and I was about to start running again. But being that going up the stairs sends me into a coughing fit, running is out of the question for the time being. I have been getting out for crazy-long walks though, like an hour and 40 minute ones. Talk about tiring! I've managed to not gain anything, but I haven't lost anymore either. But my focus right now is on other things and as long as I'm not gaining that's okay with me... for now.

In other news, what's stealing my focus is trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my dust bowl of a yard. We didn't get grass last year so my front and backyards are big mud pits. Not fun! Especially with a toddler who's discovered the joys of running in grass. I long for the day when I can open the sliding door and we can go outside and run around the yard for hours. We're supposed to get grass mid to late June depending on how wet it is between now and then. Then we're thinking about putting in a patio to really enjoy the backyard. It's such a big investment. we scared of making the wrong decision and hating it. I've spent countless hours scouring the internet and design magazines. Who knew a patio could be so stressful!

Hope everyone is doing well, I've been reading (but not commenting on because I'm so busy) everyone's blogs. The summer months are coming, hope everyone gets to enjoy them!

2 comments:

Amazon Alanna said...

Yay! You're back!

Good luck on growing the grass...I always am astounded that something so minor and single leafed can be such a pain to grow....

meredi said...

I hope you're now at the stage of kicking the cold's butt, rather than the other way around :/