February 13, 2007
Sooooo tired
It's 8:30 and I just want to curl up and go to sleep. I started back to work last month. I was going to be a stay at home mom (I quit my job a month before Lily was born, hated it anyways) and I was very excited about that and then less than a week after Lily was born I was offered a new job. A magazine in town heard about me from someone and called to offer me their layout and design position. I turned them down cause, well, I JUST had a baby! In December they called back and offered me the job AGAIN, on top of it they were willing to work my schedule around Jason's so that I never needed childcare. They also had me name my salary (stupid me, I went middle of the road for my career, I probably could have got more than I asked for) so how could I turn it down? I had never been scouted like that and it was very flattering for me professionally. It's only 1 week of the month and it's only 5 hours a day so really it's barely a job, but when you're up at the crack of dawn with a baby, spend the morning feeding, changing and playing with her, go to work for the afternoon, come home and clean up, make dinner and then do the whole bathtime/bedtime routine it's exhausting! I don't even have the energy to do my crunches. I feel horrible about it but I've worked out for 12 days straight now, I deserve 1 night off don't I? Ugh, now I have to go track what I ate today...scary! At least I didn't indulge in ANY of the usual office coffee room snacks and goodies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment