April 17, 2007

Better than McDonald's!

Okay, tonight I had a craving for a good ol' burger and fries. Let me let you all in on a little something, I have found the secret to having low-fat fries at home that aren't dipped in egg white to make them crispy, or spritzed with cooking spray to give the "flavour" of fries. McCain Super Quick Fries! They cook in 5 minutes, and, are you ready for this...they taste EXACTLY LIKE MCDONALD'S FRIES but are only 2 POINTS PER SERVING!!!! That's right folks, instead of the 13 points for a medium fry at Mickey D's, you can have the exact same thing at home for 2 and they're quality controlled, they won't be over-salted, under-salted, too greasy or cold! (Nothing I hate more than tasteless, cold french fries!)

As for the burger, I took a tip out of my trusty Kraft Kitchens magazine from this month and when I made my hamburger patties I mixed some minced onion and 1/4 c Light Mayo (for 1 lb of hamburger) into the raw lean ground beef. The mayo keeps the lean beef (which dries out quickly on the grill because of the low fat content) moist and juicy, and it doesn't add that many points when it's divided out between all the burgers (I got 7 burgers out of my 1 lb of beef). I would have taken a picture but I inhaled it!

For 10 points I had a HUGE juicy cheeseburger (fat free kraft single), a pile of yummy yummy fries and a coke...best 10 points I've ever eaten!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

mmmmm, those fries sound delicious!!! i'll have to look for those next time i get groceries!!! thanks for the tip!