April 23, 2007

Weigh-in #12 - Argh!

Frickin'-frackin'-flippin' scale! It's being so mean to me....okay, I know, it's not the scale's fault I'm only down 0.1lbs this week. It's my appetite, it's gone all wonky on me. I couldn't get enough chocolate, milk, bread, peanut butter or crackers last week (am I a carb addict or what huh!). But I tell you what, seeing that barely noticable loss this morning sure as heck did the trick, I'm not craving anything now but a big loss next week! I thought I would have hit 10% by now but I guess I'm just going to have to work a bit harder this week.

I'm going to have the decks stacked against me though, Lily and I are heading home to Ottawa to visit my parents and friends on Thursday. Jason can't come on this trip cause he's in training at work. It'll suck not having him around for a week but I'm looking forward to doing the things I enjoy doing in Ottawa and not skipping things (like shopping!) cause I know he hates them. Ikea here I come!! I'm looking forward to walking with Lily downtown to the Market and up to Parliament Hill and perhaps even over the bridge to Gatineau. I just saw that the Tulip Festival kicks off while we're in town so I won't be missing that! Wow, I could be a tourism agent for Ottawa! (If you've never been go go GO!)

I've decided, after being inspired by Amanda's big loss this week (Yay Amanda!) to give the Couch to 5K program a try. I've downloaded the Podcasts to my iPod and I'm going to start tonight as long as the rain stops!

Here's hoping everyone has a better WI than I did!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

stuff happens and you still lost this week, so i think that's great... i'm a huge carb-addict too so i've tried to be more aware when snacking on crackers and pretzels (sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't)... and good luck w/the C25K training, you'll feel great! :o)

Sarah ♥ said...

Even down 1.1 is better than nothing! I would LOVE to see a loss of ANYTHING this week :)

Amanda said...

at least it was a loss and not a gain, right? i know, i know, i hate it when people say stuff like that, when you are hoping for a bigger loss! your trip sounds exciting, take lots of pics!!! i think you'll love doing the C25K program, i'm already addicted!!!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the encouragement! You ladies give me the strength to put down the chocolate and get moving :)