I went to the grocery store yesterday and discovered all the new 100 calorie pack snacks. It's amazing how may there are now, Doritos, Cheetos, Oreos, Chips Ahoy, Crispy Delights... the list goes on! I picked up a couple of new things, 100 Calorie Packs of Peak Freans Shortbread Cookies and Peanut Butter Cookies, so yummy!
Even yummier is a recipe I feel inclined to share with you all. It is by far the best low-cal dessert I know of. Like cheesecake? How about...
Amanda's Luscious Cheesecake Dip
Servings: 20 servings of 2 tbsp each
Points per serving: 1
2 cups Lite Cool Whip
1/2 cup light cream cheese
3 Tbsp low-fat milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp sugar (you can substitute Splenda here and cut even more calories!)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
Beat cream cheese, milk and sugar together until smooth and fluffy. Mix in vanilla. Fold in Cool Whip and chocolate chips. Serve with fruit, chunks of angel food cake, teddy grahams or for individual servings, I use a 100 calorie pack of cookies, oreos and shortbread cookies are excellent!
So for 3 points (including some cookies) you get all the taste of cheesecake and none of the guilt! Hope you try it out. Happy Easter everyone!
April 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oooOOOOoooo! That sounds so good!!
It really is! Addictive though :)
mmmmmm, that sounds yummy!!
Post a Comment