July 19, 2007

C25K - Week 5

Okay, how come no one told me that in week 5 the program goes all crazy!? I did day 1 of week 5 last night and as I'm doing my pre-run stretching I'm listening to the podcast dude outline how this week will work....ummmm, I'm scared! Day 1: 3 x 5 minute runs with 2 x 3 minute walks in between; Day 2: 2 x 8 minute runs with 2 x 5 minute walks in between; and Day 3: 1 x 20 minute run, no walking! That's a pretty big jump! Where is the gradual progression there? I've listened to the outlines of the next few weeks and I see this variable time table continues, so at least there are no surprises in the future :)

Last night's run was tough. It was pretty hot here and I had just had the worst possible dinner, McDonald's. Ugh, my husband just came off of night shifts and he's kinda cranky when he's sleep deprived (like a 3 three old) and he kinda pitched a little tantrum when I said what I was making for dinner and sulked (like a 3 year old) until I went and got Mickey D's. It wasn't that I was huffing and puffing to do the runs, It just felt like I was carrying around an extra 20 lbs with the humidity and the gut full of McNasty. I had the endurance, I was just missing the energy. I hope the next run goes better.

I plotted my route on mapmyrun.com and it worked out to 2.4 miles which is 3.8km. Not bad. I think I'm running too slow though, that distance includes my warm-up & cool down walks. I should be covering more distance by now. Time to pick up the pace I guess!

2 comments:

Amazon Alanna said...

You poor McDonald's seduced thing!

I'm not all that familiar with the C25K program, but that does sound a little nutty, but I'm confident that you can do it!

Anonymous said...

ha, yea it does go a bit crazy but like you said - its pretty gradual from here on out... on my first running practice, they made us do a mile around the track - i thought it was for beginner's... who does something like that on the 1st night? :-o

sorry about your dinner episode - i would tell my hubby next time that if he doesn't like what i made, he can make something else... end of story... :o)