August 8, 2007

My teeth are straight...and apparently I look pregnant

Yay! For the first time since my adult teeth came in I have straight teeth!!! I NEVER thought I'd have a smile I wasn't embarrassed about. Thanks to the good folks at Bruce Nuclear Power Development (where Jason works) and their kick-ass dental plan, and Invisalign braces, I now have a smile I can't wait to have pictures taken of! I'd post some before and after but I never took any befores and I can't seem to find any pictures with my teeth showing (I smiled with my mouth closed cause I was always shy about my teeth) so the afters are kinda pointless without a point of reference.

So, Jason, Lily and I were out for a walk with Jason's sister and her family on Monday evening when we bumped into Jason's brother's ex-fiancée. We haven't seen her since they broke up last October. So she's with a friend and she sees Cheryl (Jason's sister) and says "Oh my god, Hi!" and then turns to her friend and says "This is Roger's sister Cheryl and her husband Darin and their daughters Nicole and Stephanie..." and then turns to us and says "..and this is uh...yeah..." and then looks right at me and says "...are you expecting again?"





Not only did she not remember our names but then she totally insults me! So I said, "No, but thanks." And so then she starts back-peddling like crazy saying " well you could be 1 or 2 months along and not be showing!" If I'm not showing why would you even ask that!!!!????!!!! Either she's a total b!tch or she's socially inept...my vote is a little from column A and little from column B! I never liked her. I wasn't too keen on his new girlfriend either but let me tell you, she sure moved up in the rankings after this episode, at least every time I see her she says I look like I've lost more weight!

I went for my first run tonight (ha ha!, not because I let that crazy woman get to me) in a while. My foot has finally healed from the nail incident. It was tough. I couldn't finish so I'm going to re-do day 1 on Friday. As long as I can ignore the bag of peanut butter M&Ms in the cupboard (bought in a moment of weakness) I just may fit into that dress I want to wear to Lily's christening in 2 weeks....

2 comments:

Amanda said...

yay, for straight teeth! i can't wait until i get my braces off but unfortunately it's going to be a while!! and sorry about that stupid girl! maybe you were just wearing a shirt that was a little baggy or something. do you want me to beat her up??? lol!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! what a horrible thing to say to someone... i would never mention those words unless i knew for sure that the woman was pregnant... ugh, sorry you had to hear that - she sounds like a total whack-job... keep up the jogging, the more you do it, the easier it will be... :oO