Wow, I've been so busy lately with packing and stuff I didn't realize it was Monday yesterday! Crazy! Anyways, my weigh-in was "meh", I'm up 0.7 lbs. I think my body likes the 159-161 range which sucks. Mind you I'm not working very hard at fighting it right now. Like I said, I'm very distracted.
I did have a little NSV today though. I was craving chocolate like an alcoholic craves vodka and my husband has a stash of Aero bars that I usually pretend doesn't exist. Now, 6 months ago I would have devoured 1 or more of them to satisfy the craving. But today I said "okay, I'm giving myself permission to enjoy 1, only 1! No guilt." So I sat down with it and my glass of milk and ate it slowly. Halfway through I didn't want any more! I don't think I have ever been able to eat only half a chocolate bar. So I wrapped the rest up to save for another time. It's amazing how giving yourself permission to do something can affect your psyche. I didn't feel guilty so I didn't feel the need to gobble it up before anyone "saw" me or walked in. I know I shouldn't have had any in the first place, but I think it's more important, and realistic, to be able to set limits for yourself instead of avoiding certain things all together.
I'm heading to Ottawa for 2 weeks on Friday. Lily's christening is on Sunday in the Church I was christened in (and where my mom was married and countless other family events have taken place). The long weekend is my cousin's wedding so I decided to just stick around instead of making the drive twice so close together. Jason's coming down with us and then coming home with his parents to work and then flying back to Ottawa for the wedding. It'll be nice to have him there with us this time. Here's hoping I don't O.D. on Starbuck's and pad thai like I have the past few times I've been back home! I'll post some pictures when I get back!
I hope everyone enjoys the last couple of weeks of summer...oh, that sounds so sad, I can't believe it's almost over! Sniff Sniff :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow, you do have willpower! i would have inhaled that chocolate bar and more!! lol!!! have a great time at home!!! can't wait to see pics!
i think my body likes that range too but it sounds like once things calm down, the scale will move in the right direction... :o)
have a good trip! :o)
Post a Comment