November 13, 2007

Water Weight, a big night out, and my love affair with Chocolate

Well, I'm up 1lb this week but I'm pretty sure it's water weight gain as TOM is due to arrive any minute now. Won't beat myself up for it. I haven't exercised this past week cause I've been sick so I gotta get my butt in gear this week. Maybe I'll do my pilates DVD while Lily's napping today, my Lulu Lemon pants will finally serve the purpose to which they were created for, what a concept!

Jason and I were given tickets to a black-tie Charity event on Saturday so after tracking down a babysitter (which was no easy feat last minute) we got all dressed up and went out for a night on the town. It was awesome! I was a little bad though, it was a five course dinner and I ate everything (well, only a couple bites of the dessert cause I didn't like it) and I was sitting with my bosses and their friends and they kept re-filling my wine glass. It wasn't a points-friendly night but nights that Jason and I have to go out together are so few and far between I wasn't about to worry about it for one second. (It could also be the reason for my gain this week)

My chocolate craving has hit an all-time high. I'm eyeing bittersweet baker's chocolate in the pantry and thinking to myself "how bad could it be, it's chocolate...". Sad! I need help! And now all the Christmas chocolate is out in the stores and I LOVE After Eights and Ovations and those little foil-wrapped Santas and balls. Oi! I'll admit I baked some shortbread cookies this weekend, but they're for a gift...I've had 6. I'm weak. (another possible reason for my gain this week). They'r out of the house today though so hopefully I can control myself for the rest of the week!

Hope everyone dis/does well this week!

1 comment:

Kate said...

you have to live once in awhile. Glad to hear you and Jason had a great time, you guys deserve it!

as far as christmas candy, and goodies, It's terrible, and I swear it gets earlier every year! My goal for the holidays is just to not gain!