February 22, 2008

I'm down

Well, I lost this week. Down 1.1lbs. I'm kind of lukewarm about this. I'm happy it's a loss and not a gain, but I was really hoping to see more results for my efforts. I suspected this might happen though because of the flex issue. So the plan for this week will be to use less flex! I really have to learn impulse control. I managed to substitute a lot of unhealthy snacks for healthier options ( an apple instead of a cookie ) but I pretty much ate whenever I felt like it which is how I spent my flex. I have to say to myself "Dinner is in an hour, you don't need this yogurt right now!" Maybe that will help for next week.

I'm going to increase my workout times too. I've been doing 30min on my elliptical mainly cause I got used to running and now the motion of the elliptical feels weird so I have to push past that feeling of awkwardness and aim for 45-60min. I've also been doing my 100 crunches a day and I'm going to bump those up to 150. That's gonna hurt!

The rest of my life is pretty much the same these days. Nothing exciting going on. All my friends seem to be going away on vacation and it's depressing cause I'd love to be packing for a trip right now but it's just not in the cards for at least a couple of years yet. With the house and all the stuff we want to do to it this year (ie: a deck, new patio furniture, central air, decorating...) we just don't have room for a 5 star resort in the budget (we only do 5 star, we're picky travelers!). Not to mention I'm just not sure if I'm ready to leave Lily for a week. It'll just have to wait!

I hope everyone has a good weekend and weigh-in goes well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the loss! again, that's a great number and right on target for losing weight in a healthy range... i know it's nice to see huge losses every week but for me, i learned to accept that i'd see more small ones than i would big ones... you are doing great, just keep doing what you're doing!

i also think by increasing your workout time will help, but so will adding intervals... if you only have 30 minutes - throw in some hills or sprints and you'll be amazed at the workout you'll get... i haven't really changed my workout time but once i changed the TYPE of workout, i could see a difference after a few weeks... just a suggestion! :o)

meredi said...

Congrats! I know you're disappointed, but girl, 1.1 is something to be PROUD of! You are absolutely going in the right direction. Just hang in there :)

I can COMPLETELY relate to your comment: "Dinner is in an hour, you don't need this yogurt right now!" I am really bad at that. Somehow I've gotten into this thing where if I'm hungry, I need to fix it right away. That needs to stop! Being hungry for an hour won't hurt me! Thanks for bringing it up, it's always good to have another reminder.

Best of luck for another on-track week!

Amanda said...

congrats on your loss, even though it wasn't quite what you wanted!