February 29, 2008

Weigh-In #42 - Words cannot express....

...how I'm feeling today. If I wasn't sitting here in jammies with no make-up and messy hair I would take a picture of myself so you could see the look of sheer disappointment, frustration and defeat on my face. I've been putting off inputting my weight to WW cause I keep getting on the scale hoping to see a different number. No such luck. I worked really hard this week. I tracked every bite I had, didn't use all my flex, made sure I got my 5 fruits and veggies (and milk, oils etc...), worked out a lot and drank as much water as I could get down. Now, to be honest, that wasn't A LOT of water and I only had 8 flex left but I still expected to see better results than what the scale said. Last year this time when I started really focusing on the program I saw much better results my first week out the gate. I've had two mediocre weeks in a row now and it's pretty discouraging.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I've built up some muscle this past week as I added some free weight strength training and I can feel my abs "engaging", as they say, with almost every movement I make lately. I just wish there was some quantitative measure associated with that that would allow me to track my progress. I did take some measurements this past week so I'll measure again in a few weeks and maybe that's where I'll see my results.

As this it the last day of February I figured I'd create another "Me list" for March to help keep me focused and positive.

"Me" List - March Edition

1. Workout 6 days a week. Everyday was unrealistic and I've proven to myself these past two weeks I can take a day off.

2. Don't use more than 10 flex points in the week!!!

3. Drink lots of water.

4. Try to start running again. Now that the weather is starting to improve I'd like to run again.

5. Post more often. Keeps me focused.

6. Work on my posture. I'm a sloucher, time to straighten up!

7. Stick to my goals. I want to be fabulous for my 31st birthday as my 30th didn't go so well.

Hopefully I can pull myself out of this funk and keep on track. Hope you all have better weigh-ins. Oh, and if you care to see what my actual number was this week it's posted on the side bar. I can't type it twice, it makes me sick to look at the number.

4 comments:

meredi said...

Oh, Amanda, I was expecting to see a 3 lb gain when I looked in your sidebar -- and it was a 0.6 LOSS!

I know you worked super-hard and was expecting something higher, but hey, 0.6 is still a great loss. Don't get discouraged by this. I'm sure it's water retention, or all those rippling muscles you're developing :)

TRY and stay positive for this upcoming week. If you keep at it, the scale will respond, I'm sure! At the very least, you've been uber-healthy and even if your weight isn't decreasing the way you'd like, I'm sure your body is thanking you for all your hard work and for all the great, nutritional things you've been putting into it. Try and focus on that part of it if you can :)

*hugs*

Amanda said...

I know, I should be happy it's a loss and not a gain, but when you put that much effort and time into it and get very little results, it's like "Big deal, 0.6lbs, glad I worked my butt off for a week for basically nothing!"

I'm probably just in a bad mood cause I'm going through junk-food withdrawl! But aren't we all? :)

meredi said...

Aww, hey, I TOTALLY get it. After all, I accomplished my goal of weighing in and not having to pay, and I was still so disappointed that I binged that night. I just figure we all need a reality check when we get into funks, not realizing just how far we've come and how many great things we're doing for our bodies. It's sad that we all get sooo hung up on the scale, isn't it?

Anyway, don't worry, I understand :) But don't be too hard on yourself!

Anonymous said...

i was expecting to see a gain as well but you LOST this week, so why the sour face missy!?!? i know how hard it is to stay motivated and to stay positive when you're doing everything right (been there, done that!) but you just have to keep going... i think your march goals are great and don't beat yourself up if you only exercise 5 days and not 6, or use more than 10 flexies - you are only human...

i know what it's like to be a funk (been there myself lately) but am so thankful for my blogger friends and the wonderful comments they leave me... just thought i'd pay it forward... :o)