Emily is about to turn 1 and here I sit at the same weight I was at my 6 week post-partum check-up. Seriously? What have I been doing all year? Oh yeah, stuffing my face and doing the bare minimum in the workout department.
The really weird thing is every time I saw a bit of improvement I gave up. WTF is up with that? I'd lose 4 lbs and think "I want pizza!". You'd think that would be motivation to stay on track and put down the Oreos, but no. And to top it all off I've been paying for a Weight Watchers membership since 3 days after I delivered!!! (That's $241.00 for those keeping track)
Well no more sister! I'm taking a stand! I'm putting down the cupcake and getting back on track. I want to be a role model for my girls, not an embarrassment. I want to be sexy for my husband, not the schlub on the couch who's in jammies all the time. I want to look like Jennifer Aniston! Remember when she was on Oprah and she had just turned 40 and looked friggin' fantastic?

That's what I want. To glow from the inside AND look smokin' on the outside... and to rock a pair of jeans in the single digits. Am I asking too much? Maybe.
I have some knee and back issues I'm almost positive are being caused by the weight. And the daily depression I feel as I open my drawers and closet staring at a sea of clothes I can't wear and then putting on my trusty polar fleece pants (AGAIN) and bumming around is getting old.
So I'm just gonna say it. I weigh 190lbs. Ugh, that hurt. It was like taking a bullet. But it was necessary cause now I can't hide.
Tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to plan tonight and get on with my freakin' life and stop letting the pantry (and my ridiculous sweet tooth) dictate who I am.
Thank you for the motivation Amber (aka: @theamberness )

No comments:
Post a Comment